EHOC Sustaining Donor Program
We Need Your Support
Our mission could not be accomplished without the continued support and generosity from people like you. Our Sustaining Donor Program is one of the best methods we have to help us continue to help those experiencing illegal housing discrimination.
EHOC is grateful for all gifts in support of our work. While we welcome gifts of any amount, regular monthly donors will enjoy the following:
- $10-$24.99 monthly donation: complimentary attendance and recognition at our annual Donor Recognition Event and Fundraiser
- $25-$49.99 monthly donation: complimentary ticket to and recognition at the event; one ticket to our annual Fair Housing Conference in April.
- $50 & above monthly donation: 2 complimentary event tickets and two tickets to our annual Fair Housing Conference in April, along with recognition at both.
All Sustaining Donors are also eligible for our Testing Program. Testing is a little like “secret shopping” and is one of our most valuable tools in identifying discrimination.
Volunteering and Internships
Tenant Advocate – Saint Louis
Tenant Advocates are trained in Missouri Landlord/Tenant law and have resources to advise, counsel and refer callers who are experiencing a housing crisis. Tenant Advocates help tenants understand their rights and obligations under state and federal laws. They help draft letters for tenants, assist people in searching for housing, and identify resources which may help a person out of a housing crisis. Tenant advocates are volunteers who are able to devote at least 2 hours a week to counseling tenants.
Intern / Practicum Student – Saint Louis
EHOC has opportunities for student interns and practicum students, particularly from the fields of Law, Social Work, Public Policy, Nonprofit Administration, and Sociology to design a fair housing project of interest to them. Examples of projects that students have pursued include:
- Researching Insurance Redlining Practices in the St. Louis Metro Area
- Linguistic Profiling: What does your voice sound like?
- Research on Racial Segregation in St. Louis
- Expanding Rights for Mobile Home Residents in Missouri
Become a volunteer or start an internship at ehoc!
To pursue an internship/practicum or become a tenant advocate with EHOC, contact Sam Stragand at 314-534-5800 ext. 7006 or complete the Application Form linked below.
Each year the Equal Housing & Opportunity Council hosts two major events and a variety of trainings. Check back often at the links below for updated information on current and available events.
The 2020 Annual Conference was cancelled due to necessary COVID-19 precautions. We look forward to hosting again in 2021.
Open Door Awards
This our time to celebrate the local heroes of Fair Housing. Check back here soon for more information about the annual Open Door Awards!