Resources & Referrals
EHOC focuses its investigatory and enforcement work in the Greater St. Louis area. However, if you are outside of the St. Louis area, but are in Missouri or southern Illinois, EHOC may still be able to assist you.
To learn more about reporting discrimination to EHOC, click the inquiry button below. If you are outside of EHOC ’s service area, visit the website of the National Fair Housing Alliance to find local fair housing assistance.
Call us at 1-800-965-EHOC(3462) or 314-534-5800
Fair Housing Enforcement Resources
The US Department of Housing & Urban Development Fair Housing & Equal Opportunity enforces the federal Fair Housing Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, and other fair housing laws.
The Illinois Department on Human Rights accepts complaints of discrimination based on ancestry, age (40+), military status / unfavorable discharge from the military, sexual orientation, and Order of Protections status, in addition to the federally protected classes.
Fair Housing Fact Sheets
Tenant Rights Packet
Criminal Record FAQ
Fair Housing Rights
Social Serve lists affordable rentals in St. Louis City, St. Louis County and St. Charles County. This up-to-date database is searchable by zip code, rent range, size, and type of building. The database contains a registry of:
- lead-safe housing
- accessible housing for persons with disabilities and
- landlords who accept Section 8 vouchers
Missouri Home Programs: Search for downpayment, closing cost and education assistance for First-Time Home Buyers in Missouri
Here are places that you can file complaints of fraud, illegal or unethical business practices and fair housing to a licensing or professional agency.
- National Fair Housing Alliance – (NFHA) is the voice of the fair housing movement at the national level. NFHA works to eliminate housing discrimination and ensure equal opportunity for all people through leadership, education, outreach, membership services, public policy initiatives, community development, advocacy, and enforcement. A great resource for national-level research on housing discrimination.
- National Fair Housing Advocate On-Line has information about fair housing cases in the news
- U.S. Department of Housing Urban Development
- Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity Division
- Missouri HUD Office
- Leadership Council on Civil Rights Fair Housing Campaign
- Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law has information on fair housing for persons with disabilities
- Fair Housing FIRST provides technical guidance on the design and construction requirements of the Fair Housing Act and provides a toll-free line to call with questions about the design construction requirements of the Fair Housing Act at (888) 341-7781